Digital Learning Information for Middle School
– includes information on accessing PowerSchool & Schoology
About Fairfield Middle School:
Fairfield Middle School, located in the Fairfield District, originated as Fairfield Junior High School in 1957. As the school was being built on an operating dairy farm, classes were held at several area schools. The existing school was opened in 1959. Two additional buildings have been added since the opening of the school. In 1971, the ninth grade was moved to Highland Springs High School. Several years later, the sixth grade was repositioned from elementary to middle school and the name was changed to Fairfield Middle School.
By the end of 8th grade, all students will be able to read, write, and problem solve on grade level and be prepared to engage in high school level instruction.
The faculty and staff members of Fairfield Middle School will prepare students to become life ready with 21st Century skills. This means that we will provide:
- Instruction that exposes students to new, challenging, and required experiences
- A safe environment conducive for teaching, learning, and exploration
- Resources to the community that may help to better service all students
- Exposure to different experiences that will enhance learning for all students