Letters went home on Friday, April 30th in reference to our upcoming SOL Testing process. All In-Person students will test on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays beginning on Tuesday, May 18, 2021. Virtual students will test on Wednesdays beginning on Wednesday, May 12, 2021. All students that opted out of SOL testing due to COVID have received information on the Virginia Remote Student Progress Test. These assessments will be administered in Reading, Math and Science (not high school credit courses). If you would like to opt our child out of these tests please contact Mrs. Henderson-Wagstaff at email@example.com.
- Virtual Parents: Please login to the Parent Portal (https://sis.henrico.k12.va.us/public/home.html), go to the Access Online Forms tab, and complete the COVID-19 Health Screening Acknowledgement and COVID-19 Addendum to the Health and Safety Acknowledgement forms.
- Be sure your child’s computer will support online SOL testing by following the directions linked here – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rKDRmYQ-OLbKIDLQs_OP9NWWdwAfqDX4Fbpa0c8hsRA/edit
- In preparation for SOL testing, students are encouraged to practice. SOL Practice Items are available at https://va8.testnav.com/client/index.html. These practice items will provide students an opportunity to become familiar with the types of test items and tools they may encounter on their SOL tests.
- On testing days, students should arrive wearing a mask and bring their fully charged laptop and charger to school. Students should avoid bringing personal electronic devices into an SOL testing room during an SOL test administration. Procedures related to these circumstances are described in detail in the Henrico County Public Schools Policies and Regulations (Regulation R6-08-004), which can be found at http://webapps.henrico.k12.va.us/policy/. We encourage all families and students to review these procedures prior to SOL testing.
- In preparation, proper rest and nutrition are essential. Please encourage your child to get a good night’s rest before his/her testing days and to eat a nutritious breakfast the morning of each test. Breakfast/lunch will be available at school, if needed.
Virtual Student SOL Schedule
- May 12 – World History, Grade 7 Reading
- May 19 – Earth Science, Grade 8 Science, Grade 6 Reading
- May 26 – Grade 8 Reading
- June 2 – Math 6, Math 7, History/Science/Reading 8 retakes, Reading 8 make ups
- June 9 – Reading 6/7 retakes, Math 6/7 makeups
- June 16 – Makeups/Retakes
*All virtual student will need to report to the building by 8:30AM on the dates of their test
In-Person Student SOL Schedule
- May 18 – World History, Grade 7 Reading
- May 20 – Earth Science, Grade 8 Science, Grade 6 Reading
- May 25 – Grade 8 Reading, Grade 7 Math
- May 27 – Grade 6 & 8 Math, Algebra, Geometry
- May 28 – World History, Science Makeups
- June 1 – History/Science Retakes
- June 3 – Math Makeups/Retakes
- June 4 – Reading Makeups/Retakes
- June 7 – Makeups/Retakes