Friday, March 12 is a half day. The schedule for the day is as follows:
Period 5 8:30- 9:10
Period 6 9:15-9:55
Period 7 10:00-10:40
Period 8 10:45-11:25
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Hero Squad Program is working with thousands of schools across the country to raise funds for blood cancer research and patient support services. Our school has partnered with LLS to take on the mission of ending cancer once and for all. Our goal is to raise $2021 this year during our March fundraising period—March 8-26. Please visit the website below to make a donation. We are raising money only at the school level, not in individual teachers’ classrooms. Consider making a donation even if it’s just a few dollars. Every little bit helps! Thank you!
School pictures have been postponed to April 23. In person students will take pictures through their electives and virtual students will sign up through a sign up genius link that will be sent closer to the date. The time for virtual students to sign up will be from 2:30-5:30 once the link is set out. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Whitlock at email@example.com
- If you have changed your mind and you no longer wish for your student to return to school for in person learning, please contact the main office on so we can make the appropriate adjustments in PowerSchool
- Complete your Health History Form on Rycor before your child can return to on campus learning prior to next week, March 1. The portal is back up now and forms can be submitted virtually or in person. Forms are available online – https://henricoschools.us/health-safety/ or you can stop by Fairfield to fill out the form and leave with us.
- Bus information is available in PowerSchool. It will be posted in the PowerSchool Parent Portal as well as the Rycor online payment and forms system. Please contact Fairfield if you need assistance accessing either system.
- Parents please have your child practice wearing his/her mask throughout the day as it will be an expectation of all students when they return. Practicing now will make the transition to our new normal a little easier.
- We ask that every family ensure that students have completed the daily health screening before arriving at school for in-person learning. Should a student answer YES to any of the daily screening questions, they should not report in person to school and should also contact the main office. Health Screening Form
- Water fountains on campus are off limits to everyone. Please send a bottle or two of water with your child if they might want and/or need some throughout the day outside of whatever beverage they have at lunch
- Please be advised that because you chose for your child to return to in person instruction, if they are not physically in school, they will be marked absent per the guidelines of Henrico County Public Schools. If you have changed your mind and wish for your child to remain virtual, kindly email our registrar Ms. Pam Tyree at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school. Remember we must have your request in written form in order to change the status in PowerSchools
Attention 8th grade students and families: the school counseling team will facilitate the Signs of Suicide lesson in all 8th grade Health/PE classes every Tuesday in the month of March, beginning on March 2. The Signs of Suicide is a universal, school based prevention program that teaches students about this difficult topic and encourages them to seek help. More information about the program can be found here. Please submit this form to your child’s Health/PE teacher if you do NOT want your child to participate in this lesson. Again, this is for 8th grade students only. If you have any questions, please contact the Director of School Counseling, Mrs. Morgan at email@example.com, or, our 8th grade school counselor, Ms. Avery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each week, we will follow the same schedule:
- Mondays are A Days
- Tuesdays are B Days
- On Wednesdays, students will have opportunities for both synchronous and asynchronous learning. Students will join their Advisory classes from 8:30-9:00 to participate in a social-emotional wellness lesson. Teachers will be taking attendance during Advisory. As far as the rest of the day goes, teachers will be assigning meaningful asynchronous assignments/activities to students to be completed and they will also be holding office hours for students to attend on an as needed basis.
- Thursdays are A Days
- Fridays are B Days
- For students who are remaining virtual, there will still be curbside and bus delivery meal services, but changes will be taking effect on Monday. Visit this page to see NEW details about curbside and bus delivery meal services.
- For a “video toolbox” of some of the ways that schools will look and operate differently starting next week, visit our page dedicated to the expansion of in-person learning.
- Students who are returning in-person: Don’t forget the daily self-screening! Please go through these questions each morning before leaving for school. Also, don’t forget your mask (though our schools will have plenty of backups.)
- Follow Henrico County Public Schools on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for information and reminders related to in-person learning.
It is important that we are able to communicate with families as much as possible. As such, we are asking that you please email our office staff with your updated email address and number so that we can keep in touch for the benefit of all of our students.
Ms. Tyree – Registrar
Ms. Matthews-Walker – Attendance Secretary
Ms. Fife – Finance Secretary
Ms. Condrey – Library Secretary
If you have a child that is in 6th grade and needs to strengthen their math or English skills, please consider having them join the Building Mindful Learner’s Program. The program meets virtually every Tuesday-Friday from 3:30-4:30 and provides tutoring and remediation as well as engaging academic enrichment activities. To be a part of the program, students are required to virtually attend 4 days per week. Space is limited. Please fill out the online permission form ASAP if interested
The deadline for elementary and middle school student variance request is April 15, 2021. The high school deadline which is for grades 8 – 11 to submit a variance request is February 15th. The 8th grade deadline is aligned with high school since those students will be moving to high school for the 2021-2022 school year.
"Embrace the New"
5121 Nine Mile Road, Henrico, VA 23223
Phone (804) 328-4020 | Fax (804) 328-2407
Counseling Fax (804) 328-4031
School Hours: 8:35 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Half-day dismissal time: 12:10 p.m.
Important Phone Numbers
Attendance: (804) 328-4023
School Counseling (804) 328-4026